Baby Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Patience is a...Virtue??

Recently I have noticed something about myself. My patience... needs a little shall we say work. Crying baby, no problem, but waiting for something, yuck!

Last week my friend Gina and I went out for a run. Just a little run, 8 miles around my neighborhood. After our run, we had to hop in the truck and clock our run, Ghet-to! How primitive. In this age of GPS, IPOD touch, Blackberry phones, we had to hop in the car and clock our run. So...I decided I should turn in the old Timex watch for a real one, a Garmin 305 with heartrate monitor.

But my patience while waiting for this new toy, was next to none. I dreamed about my Garmin the night before I got it, couldn't sleep. The next day, UPS decided to play a nasty joke on me and come in the evening instead of the morning like normal. And the sad part, I 2nd day shipped it to myself. (It's an early Christmas present by the way.) I figured why wait for Christmas when I'm training for the half NOW. I should have it so I can use it for the marathon.

So...BJ is coming home today. YAY! It's been three whole weeks now. But I can't seem to make the time go by fast enough. Feeling a little stir crazy after Mary left today, I hopped into the car and ran to the Valdosta "mall." Now it's only 3 and I have hardly killed half the day. I've done laundry, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed. I guess I can go for another 8 mile run after Mitch wakes up from his nap. That should take up another hour and a half or so.

Come on! Can this day hurry up and be over so BJ can get home! Lesson learned? Nope, still impatient as ever.

No comments: