
I never knew how busy you could be with an 8 month old, or just shy of 8 months. This little boy is on the go. I snuck up on him crawling toward the computer's power cord, and he started power crawling and laughing away from me. He was running away from me, and laughing about it. Oh boy am I in trouble.
If you would have asked me when I was pregant if I would enjoy staying at home with a baby, I would have said, not for me. But I never knew how much fun I could have playing with Mitch all day long. He wakes up in the morning, so happy to see his mommy after a long awaited, 12 hr night of sleep. After breakfast, he's even happier. When food hits his belly and he starts to feel full, Mitch sits in his chair, lets out a sigh, and starts talking to me. He plays for a little while, and takes a nap.
Mitch went to his first MOPS group meeting today, Mother's of Preschoolers. What a cool idea for networking. I was worried when I moved to Valdosta thinking I wouldn't like it, wouldn't have any friends, insecurities looking onto a move. I loved Tucson and miss it terribly. For some reason I have dreams about my old house, my work, my friends, but I'm falling into a routine here that I'm starting to like. Back on track, when I left my first MOPS meeting the ladies in the baby room said Mitch had been a really good boy. I was so happy to see him, and he was too. When he saw me he flapped his arms and gave me a big baby hug. Then looked at his care-giver and did the same thing back to her. It made me feel good that he had fun in his big play group.
Just another day in a Mom's life, the most important job in the world!




No comments:
Post a Comment