Baby Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

12 Weeks old

I can't believe how big Mitch is getting. I was looking at Mitch this morning and noticing that his sleeper is pulling off his shoulder. He's outgrowing all his 3 month clothes. He's falling into a predictable pattern of sleep, eat, and play. In the morning he wakes up and has about 1 hour of play time before he needs a nap. He even goes down for a nap without much rocking. So he's calming himself now.

Sleeping false sense of security...
Mitch has started to lengthen his nights. He'll sleep for about 4 or 5 hrs before he gets hungry, but that usually starts at 7:30 or 8 at night. So I still only get a couple hours of sleep at a time. I'm still feeding him twice a night. Not too bad, and he eats and goes right back to sleep.

But 2 nights ago, he slept for 6 hrs, eat at 1:30am and then woke up at his normal time, just before 7am. Awesome! Mommy got lots of sleep. I wondered...could this be a new pattern, he is 12 weeks now? Nah, not so lucky. I went to sleep last night hoping for a few more hrs of zzzzz.... only to wake up after his 4 hr sleep. Not too bad, but then he woke up 3 hrs later, and another 3. So we were up at 6:15am, and normally he sleeps a last stretch to get up about 7 or 7:30am.

I almost think it was just to tell me, not to get too comfortable with more sleep. He let me have one good night, just to catch up. But he's a growing boy and will still require a good amount of food at night.

Oh well, until my next stretch of sleep. It was nice when I got it. I even got up and ran 3 miles after all that sleep. Today I'm thinking...another cup of coffee.

No comments: